Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halftime Report!

That's right, I'm halfway through my pregnancy! Yeah! 20 weeks down. Really I'm probably more than halfway through as I have a sneaky suspicion that I won't make it all the way to a full 40 weeks. But we'll see!

At today's doctor's appointment we had our 20-week sonogram. It was so cool! We could see the baby's spine, ribs, heart, all sorts of organs. While the sonogramist (is that a word?!?) was tooling around snapping pictures, the baby kicked one of it's feet forward - all the way up to it's head! How crazy is that! It's foot was almost in it's mouth! I find it so weird that the baby moves so much yet I barely feel a thing. Having never been pregnant before, I'm not sure what's a kick and what's not a kick, so there's no telling if I've been feeling kicks or not. Sometimes I feel pain in my lower abdomen, which I thought was the baby, but the doctor said it's just a nerve and that's common.

After the lady snapped all the necessary pictures of the baby, we all just sat and watched the baby move (she was making us a DVD). And guess what?? Once we sat and tried to watch the baby move - the baby stopped moving! It just sat there! She prodded my belly, pushed my belly, giggled my belly, but that baby just stayed put. It was like it knew we were just waiting and watching. She did say she saw the baby stick it's tongue in and out. But honestly, I couldn't make that out, so I'll just take her word for it.

For those of you who haven't heard me complain on a daily basis, I can't sleep!!! I'm already having trouble getting into just the right position at night and it's driving me crazy! We actually own a body pillow (I have no idea why we own it, but we bought it long ago) and I've tried positioning myself in and around it, but I still find myself tossing and turning. So I suppose it'll be four more months of restless sleep! Great!

Anyway, I'm rambling, but basically everything was well at the doctor. All the correct body parts, great heartbeat, no issues with me except that I gained 5 pounds!!!! But all in all everything is going according to plan. No issues, no complications. Thank the Lord.



Until next time. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment