Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week 37 - No News is Good News?


Today was my 37-week doctor's appointment and there was really no news. I was kind of hoping for some news because I'm over this thing called pregnancy. I was actually checked at this appointment (my first time!) and he said I was barely dilated. Maybe just 1/2 inch he said. Just wonderful!! So much for getting this baby out this week. And he actually touched the head! That's weird to me that a doctor can feel my baby's head before the baby's ready to come out. Crazy!

I'm very swollen right now, especially my hands and feet. The doctor said this is fine for me because I don't have any health issues. I'm just retaining water. My urine showed no protein and my blood pressure remains low, which means I'm just retaining water. No health concerns there. So my grandeur ideas of having a nice bout of bed rest went right out the window. It amazes me that I can feel this crappy, but still be "perfectly healthy". So no news I suppose if good news.

I will definitely be in this "baby" predicament through next week at least, so no need to worry everyone! The baby is still cooking. My 37-week photo is from a weird angle as I could not get Matt to stand up to take it - sorry. And yes, I am bending my arm in the photo in the hopes that by bending it it will make it look skinnier. You don't even want to see pictures of my swollen feet! By the way, I gained 4 pounds in the past three weeks!!!! Yikes!!!!

I'll update again next week after the 38-week appointment. Maybe we'll have different, more interesting news next week. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment